Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Grandaddy


 

Happy Birthday Grandaddy,

91 years is an impressive achievement and blessing to those of us who love you. I just wanted to take a moment to say how thankful I am to have such a wonderful man to call MY Grandaddy and how richly you have blessed my life. You have always been a quiet beacon of light directing me toward heavenly things since I was a child.

Thank you, for showing me that a man should display both strength and kindness.


Thank you for teaching me the importance of a carefully chosen word.
Proverbs 15:1 "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

Thank you for showing me that loving God and loving your family go hand in hand.


Thank you for the beautiful example that you and  Gran have given me of what a Christ centered marriage looks like.
Ephesians 5:28-29 "In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church," 

Thank you for reminding me of God's goodness even when earthly troubles and cares can seem to heavy a load.
Jeremiah 29:11 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD."

 
I love you so very much Grandaddy. Happy 91st birthday!

No comments: